- This topic has 20 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 3 days ago by Nicholas De Luca-Taronno.
- 04/19/2020 at 08:36 #216783
If you are both funny and interesting then we would love to learn more about you and check out your work! Please share.
- 04/19/2020 at 11:32 #216840
Do you want me to share this on Facebook?
- 04/19/2020 at 11:33 #216841
Oh wait. You don’t have a job posted on the job board yet.
- 04/20/2020 at 06:42 #216875
- 04/19/2020 at 11:57 #216849
- 04/21/2020 at 09:09 #216891Adam WeinsGuest
What kind of writing do you want?
- 04/21/2020 at 09:15 #216892
- 04/21/2020 at 09:16 #216893Adam WeinsGuest
I’m in. What’s next?
- 04/21/2020 at 09:17 #216894
- 04/21/2020 at 18:05 #216917
There were only a few applications today and not too much participation in the forums. I’m hoping we can find some writers who can comfortably engage with people online. What do you think Aly?
- 04/21/2020 at 23:30 #216953Vatsala SinhaGuest
Although I am a physician by education, I really enjoy writing blogs, articles about lifestyle, culture, everyday life, and people in general. My writings include a sense of humor in the most mundane topics too. Currently, I am freelancing for another company for technical/ aesthetic as well as culture-related topics. I am interested to know further about this opportunity.
Thanks and Regards
- 04/22/2020 at 04:18 #216966
Good morning Vatsala,
That is super cool. I’ll check the firstname.lastname@example.org email for your portfolio or any samples of your work. I am sure you will have no issues with writing if you made it through all those years of University to become a doctor. Your going to type up everything right? I think it’s the handwriting of a physician that would scare me lol. 🙂
If you haven’t sent anything by email or the application form yet then be sure to do that. We will engage with you and set up a call.
On a side note, what’s the funniest thing you have ever seen a person do in your line of work? I am so very curious 🙂
- 04/22/2020 at 12:38 #216983Vatsala SinhaGuest
I just emailed you a sample writing. It has already been sold so it is not to be used for any purpose. Yes, I have no problem reading and writing volumes, thanks to my years in med school.
What is funny for doctors isn’t always funny for every one 🙂 I have laughed on many things with guilt at the back of my mind, of course. As it is always another human being (patient) involved on the other side. I need to think of something funny to share that isn’t something too sensitive. I guess it has mostly been in labour rooms that situations have been funny at times.
- 04/22/2020 at 13:00 #216984
Ok perfect. We got your email and we will be in touch!
- 06/09/2020 at 08:07 #219082LoreleiGuest
I am really interested in applying, this sounds like a fun job and one I’d have a great time writing for. Unfortunately, I would be a brand new freelancer, I only have one piece of writing I could share with you from a blog I attempted to create, and I live in the United States. I’m also currently waiting to join the Navy, and I honestly have no idea how long it will take. It could be a few months, to another year and a half. Please let me know!
- 06/09/2020 at 08:11 #219086LoreleiGuest
Hello! I am really interested in applying, this sounds like it would be a fun gig, and I would enjoy writing pieces for you. I do have a few questions though. I would be a brand new freelancer, with nothing to show you other than a blog I tried to start a few years back. I am also currently waiting to join the Navy, and I have no idea how long it could take. It could be a few months, or a year and a half from now. I won’t know until contacted.
Oh, and I live in the US, ha ha. Please let me know!
- 06/09/2020 at 08:13 #219087LoreleiGuest
Apologies for the accidental double posting.
- 06/09/2020 at 08:42 #219102Amanda WalshGuest
So I would love the chance to contribute some stuff for you guys. I am a writer looking for something less blah compared to the stuff I write everyday. A
- 06/09/2020 at 08:44 #219103Amanda WalshGuest
I am curious to learn more about you guys. I am a professional writer but do way too much boring stuff. I’m told I’m pretty witty and write well. So what does one do to move forward? A
- 06/10/2020 at 12:18 #219277Kristan CannonGuest
Good morning everyone!
I saw the ad on Writers Work and it immediately caught my attention. I’m a professional writer with experience in the financial industry as well as video gaming and travel, and I’d love to work with Choice Marketing.
More about me/my experience:
– I am a recent college graduate, with honours, and I majored in Business Management and Administration with previous credits in Accounting & Payroll.
– I previously worked as a licensed insurance broker and personal finance advisor until I moved sideways to work as a fraud analyst.
– I have over twenty years of experience as a freelance writer and I have been published four times, and even won third place in a reader’s choice contest against forty other competitors for my debut novel, Ashes in Winter.
– I’m an avid gamer and have an active presence in the MMO EVE Online and play other games such as Skyrim and Fallout, including Elder Scrolls Online.
You can find my portfolio, more testimonials, and more about me at http://www.kristancannon.com
Additionally, I have:
– Built and run my own website and blog.
– Been blogging since early 2010.
– Lived on a sailboat for a few years in Toronto.
I’m confident that I would be a great addition to your writing team. I’m very detail-oriented, and I’m mindful of time management and meeting deadlines.
- 07/11/2020 at 08:36 #219362Nicholas De Luca-TaronnoGuest
This is where I would usually write some boring, long-winded cover letter of sorts, but I have the feeling this position requires some “pizazz”!
I’ll get straight to the point. I absolutely love writing and I am damn good at it.
I am a recent Creative Communications graduate out of Winnipeg, Manitoba (aka “Winterpeg”, the Slurpee Capital of the World, and sometimes the murder capital of Canada… eek). I also have a bachelor’s degree majoring in psychology and minoring in sociology.
The skills and and knowledge I can offer to benefit your company include:
• Extensive understanding of content writing for various genres including entertainment, journalism, advertising, public relations, film/scripts, etc.
• Effective skills with videography and photography that can add some colour to any creative piece
• Comprehensive experience having a personality and not just writing academic articles — seriously though!
The website link attached is primarily my video work, but I will leave a link to two articles I have written for an online magazine to prove that my writing is more than adequate. However, I’d like for you to be aware that the pieces are HEAVY and not very funny at all. This was due to the nature of the magazine and its theme.
Landing this position would genuinely be a dream come true, as I have always wanted to write creatively. I am also confident that I would be a great personality to add to your team. To be honest, this would be really good for me in general, as this pandemic has left me with a really terrible self-inflicted haircut and tearing up at shows like The Office. I’m going a little loopy but am so ready to write. I hope to hear from you soon!
Nicholas De Luca-Taronno aka Nick DT